A Different Style of Camp!
For many of the early years of its existence The Anchorage operated under the slogan âDecidedly Christianâ¦.Delightfully Different!â Â That is as equally true today as it was 40 years ago.
The Anchorage is thoroughly Christian in all its endeavors. Â Every facet of our program, every meal, every relationship has as its purpose the cause of Christ and His gospel. Solid Bible preaching, conscientious Bible teaching, and personal application are at the heart of each camp program.
âBuilding honest relationshipsâ is a phrase that describes the difference between The Anchorage and what many perceive as normal in camping. A camp program at The Anchorage is an inevitably personal, relational experience.
The âpersonalityâ of our facility encourages relationships. Â Most of the facility is under one roof, so a family atmosphere pervades all that takes place. The opportunity for interaction between campers, speakers, sponsors, counselors, and other staff is open and continuous. The proximity of the camping experiences discourages getting âlost in the crowd.â Â
Meals here are an event in themselves providing excellent home-style menus served in a manner reminiscent of large family gatherings. Banter around the table provides excellent relational opportunities.
The core activities promote participation and challenge at the individual level while providing the foundation for a lifetime of continuing growth: Â
- Water sports such as tubing and skiing provide personal thrills and challenges.
- Kayaking and canoeing afford opportunities for introspection and reflectionÂ second-to-none.
- Roller skating is a unique camp activity providing plenty of informal opportunities for building honest relationships.
- Boat fishing provides a camaraderie that is difficult to describe if not experienced.
- The indoor climbing wall presents an individual adventure challenge the whole year round.
- The group activities are uniquely planned to foster individuality in a social setting.
Our staff, committed to the cause of Christ and to relational ministry, unites the personality of the facility, the opportunities of the recreation program, and the whole of camp life into a truly unique, delightfully different camping experience.
Thank you for taking time to visit our website. Â Please let us know if we can help you. It would be our privilege to serve you, your family, or your church in any way.
Want to stay more connected with all the exciting things going on at The Anchorage?
Sign up for our email list! We keep you up to date on all the exciting things happening, reminders and information for upcoming events, big projects, and new ways to get involved here at camp!